Author Topic: Got batteries!  (Read 2462 times)

Texas16

• Driver
    • View Profile
Got batteries!
« on: June 20, 2007, 12:05:31 AM »
Off to Sonoma, tomorrow.  Thought I'd let you know how carefully I've followed my own advice on packing for a race.
-
No sunscreen packed.  Did you know that if you hold a bottle of Blue Lizard sunscreen in the sun, the bottle turns blue?
No hat packed.  Can't wear TMS gear at Infineon, shouldn't wear driver-specific apparel when I'm working, and my Texas Tech University hat just doesn't fit the venue.
Brand new sandals.  Never worn them before.  Definitely not broken in yet.  At least I'm packing two pairs of tennis shoes for when I'm actually working.
No card listing my allergies or medications, but the list is short.  Those cool stretchy fabric bandaids and aspirin after an evening of bloody marys.
No emergency contact list.
No Benadryl cream for bug bites.
No aloe vera gel with Leidacaine or first aid cream for the inevitable sunburn.  I did remember the BenGay.
No cooler for water or any other beverages (Yes, I do mean dietCoke since I'll be on the job).
No dampened washcloth.  I'll steal one from the hotel.
No program.  Got photographic, encyclopedic memory--"Programs?  We don't need no stinkin' programs." (Joke about the memory, by the way.)
No seat cushion except what nature gave me. 
No earplugs.  Damn the decibels.
-
On the positive side of the list, I did remember a few things.
Scanner.  Check.  (Can't remember how to program it, tho'.)
Camera.  Check.
Cell phone.  Check.
Cash.  Check.  No checks accepted here, lady.
Sharpie.  Check.
Something to autograph.  Check.  (Wanna try to get Biffle to sign my hard-card.  Wonder how much I could get on EBay for a Biffle-autographed ID card w/ garage access at SMI tracks?  Just joking; I'd never in a million years EBay something like that!  Da Biff's autograph would be just too entertaining to have for me to part with.)
And yes, I have my batteries.  New Duracells in the scanner.  Freshly charged AA's for the camera with a spare set and the recharger.  Phone charger.  New charge on the portable DVD player, and a good charge on the ole Dell.  Can't get more charged than that.
-
Wonder if I should have used some of the electronics space in my luggage to pack something far more 19th-centuryesque, like a hat.  Thankfully, I have contacts with the sunscreen and hat sellers at Infineon.
-
Go Biff!

Bug-Eyed Dummy can drive.

#1Jimmiefan

• Driver
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Got batteries!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 03:25:24 PM »
Have a blast! I am sooooo jealous!

Signspotter#19

• Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 03:39:23 PM »
So what your saying is "do as I say not as I do"?
"Everyone's invited to the Barn for bologna burgers next Saturday night"

caboolarue

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 08:26:00 PM »
Yeah, I like the part about steeling that washcloth from the Hotel.  That's what I do. :D Have fun, be careful(less)

Signspotter#19

• Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 09:23:15 PM »
Just spoke with TMS16. She took the brand new sandals to Sonoma, wore them, now her feet are broke out because she is allergic to them. She didn't take Benadryl cream, so now her feet are in terrible shape. :-\ Maybe she should have read her article before she packed! :D

#1Jimmiefan

• Driver
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 09:25:00 PM »
To steal a line from Guiness Beer "Brilliant!"

Poor TMS16!  Tell her I said I hope she feels better soon when you talk to her.

Signspotter#19

• Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2007, 07:43:53 PM »
TMS16 reports that she has managed to get herself a hat but has also managed to get herself a sunburn. I guess she either forgot the sunscreen or forgot to put it on ??? That the latest from TMS16 :)

#1Jimmiefan

• Driver
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 12:43:16 PM »
Hope she remembers next time! I think the worst sunburn in my life came while at the track. I rarely burn, but that one made me ill. Now I buy the strongest I can get and reapply every 2 hours or so.