Author Topic: 2014 Racing so far has been......  (Read 499 times)

Signholder

• Administrator
  • Driver
    • View Profile
2014 Racing so far has been......
« on: April 16, 2014, 02:01:10 PM »
Please fill in the blank.
I am courious if y'all are feeling the same way about NASCAR as I am.
I will post my 2 cents next week.

I'm just wanting to check the pulse of the fans  ;)
Heeeer's yur sign!!!

BuddyG

• Driver
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Racing so far has been......
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 02:50:12 PM »
Very good! The COT is gone, racing is back. All the spiffy new  rules sound good, and hide what we all hated ,the  clumsy
COT brick clunker. They will never admit that it was junk. We lost a lot of time with that thing.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

OregonSHRFan

• Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 12:06:55 PM »
I think the racing has been great. Very competitive and racey. Some of the teams , JGR in particular, hasn't found the speed with the new aero package.
Of course, I've got to say it again.... Harvick made a great decision in leaving RCR and going to SHR. Partnering up with Rodney has been very positive. Prior to meeting Rodney at Daytona, I had no real feel how it was going to be with them. As Forest Gump says, ".....peas and carrots...", a great combo.
I was worried about Smoke the first couple of races, but considering he and Chad had never worked together, they are coming up to speed.
Kurt and Daniel have survived and will continue to get better. It's a great balancing act and Kurt's girl friend and son have a lot to do with the changes in Kurt's attitude.
Danica, well, I see no hope there. I stood next to her and Ricky at an event at Daytona; she is an empty shell. The only passion I saw in her was When Ricky was grinding into her during a Jake Owen song. That's not gonna win races. Maybe Gene will take her and Go Daddy to F1. PLEASE GENE, PLEASE!!!

Checkers 88

• Administrator
  • Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 02:58:04 PM »
I agree Totally with OregonSHRFan. Finally some real proof Miss Manica is an empty shell that only generates negative publicity. There are too many other women who could make this sport Coed, and without the disgrace that Danica has given it.

As far as the racin, I have enjoyed watching Dale Jr, and Kevin this year. With Dale as my #1 driver, and Kevin my Brothers. It does make our Nascar life so much easier. :)

I am concerned for Smoke, I do hope he gets back on the horse soon. (or Horse Power)   :o

Signholder

• Administrator
  • Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 10:47:10 AM »
I have been pleased (not excited) with this years racing.
Close finishes, different winners and good schedule.

But............(and you knew there would be one)
I can't help but think it's "IROC" racing at the NASCAR cup level.
All the rules packages, car templates and overall regulation is still (IMO) holding back the true innovation of the sport.
Not to mention the "Chase" is rigged to the big $$$$ teams.
What set this sport apart from the others back in the day was consistancy over the entire season is what was the making of a true champion.
As it stands now, if you are injured, sick or have a family emergency and miss a race or two, but dominate the races you are in, you still can't be crowned champion.
Gone are the days that a team overcomes adversity throughout the season and goes home at the end of the year knowing they were the best overall, not just the last 10 races.

So, I am pleased but not excited.
Heeeer's yur sign!!!

WSF

• Driver
  • 2013 Yahoo Fantasy Racing Champion!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 02:56:26 AM »
It has been awesome, except for all the stupid rain delays.
I love the race at Richmond last weekend, now that was some good racing.
The Seattle Seahawks are SuperBowl Champions!!!!!

Checkers 88

• Administrator
  • Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2014, 01:35:50 PM »
Rain, Pffft!!!
They are calling for rain Friday, in KS, we may not get the truck race in. Who knows. According to Meteorologist, Mike Thompson, It's a BIG IFFFFFY.
So, if you see me holding a sign that says The Big Ifffffy you will understand. LOL

Virtual Side

• Tire Changer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2014, 03:44:22 PM »
The racing this year could definitely be better (I look at the early 2000's as the template of what we could be producing, at the very least), but it's not terrible.

Checkers 88

• Administrator
  • Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2014, 02:33:07 PM »
the only issue I have is the Super Speedways. They seem to be more boring to watch. But, just my opinion.