Author Topic: I've Never Been to a Race  (Read 6329 times)

Flashpointe

• Driver
    • View Profile
Re: I've Never Been to a Race
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2007, 12:47:42 PM »
My first race was here in Vegas....I thought I was hooked before, but NUTHIN compares to the smells of the fuel and tires, the feeling of the race cars passing by, the excitement of the crowd, the super expensive food, and sitting in traffic for hours after the race ends. Yes, I am one of those <much to Zooney's dismay> who refuse to leave until the spin out after the race has happened. We finally came to an agreement, since the traffic drives him buggy, I drive home and get to deal with the stop and go traffic. Since my first race I have gone to tons of races in the truck series, Busch races, and Bullring races here.
Silly boys, Fire Trucks are for girls......

Scott

• Administrator
  • Driver
    • View Profile
    • ScottSpain.com
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2007, 08:55:20 PM »
This time next year I'll be able to say that I've been to (at least) 3 races.

When to Sonoma this year. Got tickets for Phoenix this year, and Vegas next.

Really gonna try to get to Bristol too.
- Scott Spain

#1Jimmiefan

• Driver
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2007, 10:01:39 PM »
November will make 5 for me, all at TMS. Would love to get some more tracks in but TMS is really convenient for us.
Never thought I'd look forward until November, but I do now for the race. I LOVE IT! The sounds, the smells, the people, it's one GIANT party for a week and it's great!

smoke14fan

• Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2007, 05:09:13 PM »
I've been to "dega 9 or 10 times and love it.  I'm with you Scott, I really want to go to the night race at Brisol, but I have discovered that I will have to pay high a** scalpers prices or wait for a season ticket holder to go to the big track in the sky.
"Political Correctness: A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, rabidly promoted by the mainstream media, which promotes the premise that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of excrement by its clean end." (Ano

CodeBlueEMT

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2007, 10:09:57 AM »
 I've always had good luck getting tickets from Ebay at the last minute.

Shayne

kimmer

• Administrator
  • Driver
  • Gas On!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2007, 07:04:08 PM »
As for races I’ve attended, we go to both Atlanta races every year (been going over 18 yrs. & I have an infield spot on turn 3 on the fence) and we go to the Charlotte race every May for the 600. (I have a spot there too). Other races we have been to include: Dover, Richmond, Bristol, Pocono, Nazareth (Busch race only), Watkins Glen, Martinsville, Las Vegas, California, Talledega and I go to the Shoot Out at Daytona in February.

As far as other fun things, I have done ride-a-longs at the Atlanta track and Daytona.  Trying to go to Talladega for a ride-a-long here next Spring… Next year – I want to do the class where ya get to drive!!!