Author Topic: What's the Weather Like ??  (Read 42518 times)

OregonSHRFan

• Driver
    • View Profile
Re: What's the Weather Like ??
« Reply #560 on: May 24, 2013, 08:57:38 PM »
Insane weather...... its supposed to snow here Sunday

Racing Rocks

• Driver
  • Rail Roads Move America
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 25, 2013, 08:00:29 AM »
Wow our weather is not as whacky as you guys, but it is off the charts.... It was 49 yesterday and real rainy.... Today it may reach 45 ..... WTF is up with that ?? At least it ain't snow... But it still sucks to say the least.....

I'm going to be in upstate New York next week for work. I'm gonna pack warm clothes because I don't wanna freeze.... Man I can't wait for some warm weather...

WSF

• Driver
  • 2013 Yahoo Fantasy Racing Champion!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 27, 2013, 01:30:32 AM »
Wow our weather is not as whacky as you guys, but it is off the charts.... It was 49 yesterday and real rainy.... Today it may reach 45 ..... WTF is up with that ?? At least it ain't snow... But it still sucks to say the least.....

I'm going to be in upstate New York next week for work. I'm gonna pack warm clothes because I don't wanna freeze.... Man I can't wait for some warm weather...
Me too.
The Seattle Seahawks are SuperBowl Champions!!!!!

Racing Rocks

• Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 27, 2013, 07:46:55 PM »
News Flash........ It warmed up to nearly 80 so I took the cover off our pool....I''ll be away next week and I'm reading that it will warm up a lot. I want to make sure when I get home the pool will be ready for my family to swim.... Talk about crazy weather and climate swings ?  This is about as crazy as it gets ...

Checkers 88

• Administrator
  • Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 31, 2013, 02:50:44 AM »
It's been in the 70's here.
Damn, Oklahoma is getting hit with the tornados.
We had some crazy cloud build up Saturday on Lake Tenkiller. But it poofed away.
Got to spend some time with #1JimmieFan and her family. That was fun.

Racing Rocks

• Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 31, 2013, 07:05:20 PM »
I'm in Bath New York in the Finger Lakes for work and it is boiling here. It's in the mid 90's and sunny. I packed clothes for warm and cooler weather because I never can tell what it will be like when I travel. I know it's just as warm back home in New Jersey. Glad I opened the pool before I left because Ill already have a jump on it so my kids can swim.  8)

kimmer

• Administrator
  • Driver
  • Gas On!
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 31, 2013, 10:07:11 PM »
Huge tornado on ground near ok city .. Saying its an F5 ... Storm chaser crew from the weather channel van got tossed 200 yards......coverage live on weather Channel

Checkers 88

• Administrator
  • Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 01, 2013, 03:22:24 PM »
the tornado was a bit over a mile South of #1JimmieFan. I've been staying in contact with her. She is devastated by all of this. But, Okies are Tough and this is not their first rodeo. They will rebuild as they have in the past. They will need a lot of support and Prayer.

As far as the tornadoes in Missouri, they were South and East of the State from where I am located. My Cousin's high school was damaged and the first day of her Adult life was to begin today after her graduation, that had to be canceled, and no new plans for rescheduling yet.

We just have flooding to be concerned about. Water has topped the bridges and even debre has caused smaller bridges to collapse. But nothing really major here.

Just a lot of devastation to a 5 State area.

kimmer

• Administrator
  • Driver
  • Gas On!
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 01, 2013, 04:04:44 PM »
Thoughts and prayers go out to you and everyone affected by all this crazy  weather. Take care and keep us updated.

Racing Rocks

• Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 01, 2013, 06:57:56 PM »
Thoughts and prayers go out to you and everyone affected by all this crazy  weather. Take care and keep us updated.

Ditto to that....... This has been a few seasons of whacky weather around the country with out a doubt.

Checkers 88

• Administrator
  • Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: June 01, 2013, 09:09:42 PM »
Mike was called out tonight to transport the RR Crews. The rivers are flooded almost over bridges. So engineers can only drive 5 mph. What would normally take 4 hours is taking 12 hours. These guys are wore out. Has to be stressful.

Racing Rocks

• Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 02, 2013, 07:26:33 AM »
Mike was called out tonight to transport the RR Crews. The rivers are flooded almost over bridges. So engineers can only drive 5 mph. What would normally take 4 hours is taking 12 hours. These guys are wore out. Has to be stressful.

The speed restrictions on the tracks are because the tracks can be washed out. The Form D they are working under is to protect the crews. And I can only imagine how stressed the crews are. Tell Mike to be careful when he's out there transporting the crews.

Racing Rocks

• Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 06, 2013, 03:29:47 PM »
It got a little cooler out this week. It's gonna be a little rainy the next few days.

WSF

• Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 07, 2013, 08:52:31 PM »
I have been spoiled by the great weather for almost a week now. Its been in 70's which has let me wash the house and wash the cargo trailer. I also got to trim the Dogwood tree & the rhododendron. I have got a lot done with all this nice weather.  :)

Racing Rocks

• Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 08, 2013, 03:43:43 PM »
I have been spoiled by the great weather for almost a week now. Its been in 70's which has let me wash the house and wash the cargo trailer. I also got to trim the Dogwood tree & the rhododendron. I have got a lot done with all this nice weather.  :)

Don't ya just love it when you get nice weather and accomplish a lot of stuff around the house ? I know I do and try and make the most of nice weather days. I can't cut the lawn today after all the rain we got yesterday.

Tomorrow is supposed to warm and sunny, so we plan on riding our dirt bikes in the woods with a group of riders.

Racing Rocks

• Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 14, 2013, 07:28:20 PM »
We went from 87 on Wednesday to 65 yesterday and torrential down pours last night. It was 55 this morning then it warmed up to 74 today.  I can't believe the weather swings were having. This is not typical June weather for New Jersey.

I'm traveling to Milwaukee Wisconsin for Rail Road business next week and I hope the weather is nice. I need to have a little ME time after work and enjoy some warm dry weather. I really like the mid west a lot and the food they have to offer. The BBQ joints I have been to are the absolute best as far as I'm concerned.

Checkers 88

• Administrator
  • Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 14, 2013, 11:56:44 PM »
Seems as though the RR business is booming right now. Zac is in Iowa for a few weeks, working at a fertilizer plant. then goes to Kansas. While Kenny is down in Oklahoma for 3 months, then they both go to Wisconsin for 3 years. So that's the plan anyways.

RR, You ever make it to KC, let me know. I will take you to the best bbq in KC.

Racing Rocks

• Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 15, 2013, 07:35:00 PM »
Seems as though the RR business is booming right now. Zac is in Iowa for a few weeks, working at a fertilizer plant. then goes to Kansas. While Kenny is down in Oklahoma for 3 months, then they both go to Wisconsin for 3 years. So that's the plan anyways.

RR, You ever make it to KC, let me know. I will take you to the best bbq in KC.

Good to know they are working because the freight side of the RR is really busy.

I was supposed to go to KC the year before last but the numb nuts I work for canceled the trip before I could go. I still have to go there, but it will depend on them approving the trip.  :o

Racing Rocks

• Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 21, 2013, 05:10:23 PM »
It was a real nice week in Milwaukee. The weather was real warm on Monday when I arrived. It cooled off a little on Tuesday and it got real nice and warm on Wednesday. Thursday when I flying home ,it was just so nice that I kinda wished I could stay another day and just veg out. When I flew into Newark NJ it was real warm and sunny. By the time I got home @ the Jersey Shore in the mid afternoon, it was just perfect to cool out on my deck and be thankful I got home in one piece.  8)

Lucky for me I'm home for the next month and I just wanna enjoy the summer...

WSF

• Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 29, 2013, 12:41:20 AM »
I just knew it with the great weather we had earlier would come back to haunt me.
For the past week we had flooding rain fall and thunder & lightning and it being very humid.  :'( I can handle the rain the thunder & lightning but not the humidity, it was so gross around here that i had to run the AC. But today is a new day and it heated up to 86 , but you could still smell the moisture in the air, it's crazy.