Author Topic: The Mother and Child  (Read 1788 times)

Signspotter#19

• Driver
    • View Profile
The Mother and Child
« on: May 12, 2007, 02:21:55 PM »
Nascar fans come in all shapes and sizes. This is a story about a mother and her child who are Nascar fans.

The mother hears her child would like to buy her first driver T-shirt. The mother thinks to herself, that money would be better spent on something else. Then the child begins to buy more and more shirts. The mom thinks to herself, this is a lot of shirts and a lot of money, what a waste.

As time goes by, other trinkets, accessories, and gadgets are collected. The mother again thinks to herself, where will all this stuff go. We will have to add on to the house if this continues!

Then there is the first race they are fortunate to attend. They have a ball looking at all the merchandise in the driver trailers. They enjoy watching the taping of the shows, and visiting with other Nascar fans. The fans are great! No matter whom they cheer for their love of the sport equals ours. They are there to have a good time and enjoy the race. Then the most awful thing happened! We were standing in the crowd at Race Day when all of a sudden the husband said, “There is Ken Schrader”. The child turned and caught a glimpse of him. The child began to run toward him, mowing down anyone in her way. The husband grabbed the child and said, “What are you doing”? “I have to get to Schrader”! the child said. He then said, “Look at him”. The child took a good look and realized that it was only a cardboard stand-up of Schrader.

The mother then had a realization that was not pretty! The mother and the child were one in the same. The mother always thought of herself as mature and in control of herself. Someone who would never do anything so out of control. Apparently not! The mother almost mowed down a crowd of people for the sole purpose of meeting a cardboard stand-up of Schrader! Now, the husband has been instructed to bring bail money when they go to the races. She is well aware that the child may once again emerge if she is fortunate enough to meet Sadler or his cardboard stand-up. Who knows what the child will do in that situation!

If you have not figured it out already, the mother and child are me, Signspotter#19. I now know that my child will come out, each and every time, when it comes to being a Nascar fan. I have such a good child! Well, most of the time. I think all Nascar fans have experienced their inner child from time to time. That is one thing that makes being a Nascar fan so wonderful! 
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 03:00:35 PM by Signspotter#19 »
"Everyone's invited to the Barn for bologna burgers next Saturday night"

HERM

• Driver
    • View Profile
Re: The Mother and Child
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 03:43:27 PM »
Signspotter#19, i gain more and more respect for you every day.  that was funny no matter who you are.

wendyrlfg

• Jackman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 11:11:36 PM »
Mu husband,then 5yr old son & I went to the 2005 Bristol race - we had Dupont tent tix - the kid was the 24 fan not us - My son & I sat 5ft from 24 while he spoke & then he started signing things to be raffled off - I told my son to go up & ask 24 if he would sign his 24 Jurassic park shirt - my son said no because he knew there were no autographs - after going back & forth he agreed with mom & did the wrong thing went up  & got 24 autograph  - it is cool because it has rubber on it because we did the On Track for Charity walk that day & the shirt has rubber on the back & the 24 autograph on the front - now I just need the kid to start following rules again !!!! Happy Mother's Day

Scott

• Administrator
  • Driver
    • View Profile
    • ScottSpain.com
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 04:05:05 AM »
Wow. Just wow. Not sure what else to say. Incredible column, Signspotter#19.

Excellent addition by wendyrlfg.

*group hug*
- Scott Spain