Author Topic: Cab's Family Needs Prayers or Help from Higher Powers of Being  (Read 6533 times)

WSF

• Driver
  • 2013 Yahoo Fantasy Racing Champion!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Cab's Family Needs Prayers or Help from Higher Powers of Being
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2012, 02:05:03 AM »
What a cutie!  :)
He's safe and sound now with people that love him.
I'm happy for you and little Willie.
The Seattle Seahawks are SuperBowl Champions!!!!!

Racing Rocks

• Driver
  • Rail Roads Move America
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2012, 09:19:43 PM »
I'm happy to see that some one with responsibility will be able to take of this little guy... God only knows he's had a tough going....

Checkers 88

• Administrator
  • Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2013, 09:31:37 PM »
It's been a Very Long time since I've posted here. But, I have been getting so depressed lately. I thought I could turn to my outside family and friends for pick me ups.
I hope all our Nascardiac's are well. As I posted in another thread, it's just been one of those weeks. I've wanted to throw in the towel. I could use prayers. Everyone says what a good person I am for what I have done for Willie. But, there are times I just want to give up.
Things Good: 1. I took Willie to meet his Pediatrician. What a Great man. I was so excited that a Dr. actually cared. 2. The school district is testing Willie for several things, I wont bore you with all that. But The Upsetting things: 1. My Sister will be taking him out to Cincinnati Shriners Monday for his annual Surgery. So, we have had to keep him secluded from others so he stays healthy. That's tough right now with everyone getting this flu. 2. When he gets back recovery time. 3. When he goes back to school, Testing.
And then there is the discipline, and teaching him how to behave. It's so frustrating. Sometimes I feel like he's in trouble more then the normal ones. And there is this Huge circle on the Wall that says "Bang Head Here"
I wish there was a book I could just plant in my brain, and not have to physically read it. lol

Anyway, I know sometime, these things will or should, or hopefully will get better. But, right now, I'm  just not seeing that in the very soon future. Heavy Sighs. and thanx for letting me get that off my chest.

robbybee

• Driver
  • Rustin in Tustin, indeed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2013, 03:06:44 AM »
Hang in there!
As they say, it's always darkest just before the dawn!
(I don't know who the hell "they" are but...)
SPIT!

Signholder

• Administrator
  • Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2013, 06:31:58 PM »
We are here for you Cab.  :-* :-* :-*
Heeeer's yur sign!!!

WSF

• Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2013, 12:15:35 AM »
I know what your talking about Cab, i have had a rough couple of years. Just hang in there, thing will get better.

Racing Rocks

• Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2013, 08:18:26 AM »
Cab,
This is my humble and untrained opinion but...

The job you are doing today is the result of others who failed to do theirs yesterday... It may seem FUBAR today but this little man needs all the help he can get.. I would have to think his behavioral and discipline issue are result of the trauma and neglect he has suffered through... There are no books for things like this as far as I know... You are an Angle and your guidance will come from above...Just hang in there and stay strong.... Your not alone with a feeling of helplessness ....  My older sister  has terminal cancer and a co-worker that has some real serious health issues.... I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers...

Checkers 88

• Administrator
  • Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2013, 01:21:30 AM »
Willie had surgery yesterday. They freed up 2 1/2" skin grafts behind his knees, for growth. They closed a scar on his head by an inch. and Some lazer type surgeries to spread out the scar tissue. He will have to be in Garments and splints again. I dont know for how long. But, I talked to the school district, they have a Physical Therapist and are willing to do what ever they can to assist in anyway possible.
So, my sister called me this morning, she said "Willie is in school" I said "What" LOL. Shriners has a Certified teacher, and any child there that is school aged, K-12 has to go to school while they are in the hospital. LOL, isnt that awesome.
I talked to Willie later this evening, he sounds great, but, he hasnt been able to get up and walk yet. He is not likeing that at all. They said maybe tomorrow. :)

Checkers 88

• Administrator
  • Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2013, 08:06:22 PM »
Sheesh its Friday, they still dont have Willie Walking yet. He comes home Sunday. they have to get a wheel chair to get him around the airport in Atlanta, I guess thats where the change over is. I havent been there, but, I have heard its a nightmare. I hope Delta Airlines Personnel are good at helping them. I'm really concerned. My sister is not good with dealing with airlines or airports. :(

Checkers 88

• Administrator
  • Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2013, 11:57:08 PM »
its been a long week. We spent 5 hours in 2 different ER's today. I was told last week by his surgeon, if you see anything that might look like an infection get him to Childrens Mercy. Last night he had a whitish looking area and clear fluid coming out of it. So we took him to Mercy North, they sent us to Mercy Downtown. 5 hours, 6 dr's and 2 surgeons later. They decided he was ok. the Surgeon said this is normal for skin Grafts. this would have been nice to know last night. anyway, all is good now. :)

Racing Rocks

• Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2013, 08:18:40 AM »
Glad to hear the graft went OK..... That has got to painful and I wish that on no one........Thanks for the update....

Checkers 88

• Administrator
  • Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2013, 12:25:06 PM »
You all remember Willie. Well, he has been living with me for the last 1 1/2 years. Mike and I went to court last week and the judge gave us guardianship. He finally has the best normal life he has ever had. It's not been easy, but we are working through it all one day at a time. Life is good.

Racing Rocks

• Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2013, 06:13:50 PM »
I am happy to hear he will live in a stable household and will live a normal life. God only knows he deserves this... You are a great person Cab....

WSF

• Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2013, 12:54:43 AM »
YAY!  So happy for you & Mike and your family.  ;D