Author Topic: Cab's Family Needs Prayers or Help from Higher Powers of Being  (Read 6526 times)

WSF

• Driver
  • 2013 Yahoo Fantasy Racing Champion!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Cab's Family Needs Prayers or Help from Higher Powers of Being
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2009, 06:46:57 PM »
Happy to hear Willie coming home soon.  :) I bet his family can't wait to bring him home.
The Seattle Seahawks are SuperBowl Champions!!!!!

CabHearts88

• Crew Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2009, 08:01:16 PM »
Amazing News:  Willie is doing great. I went to see him this weekend. He was so cranky Saturday. But, we believe it has to do with the anistetics they use on him for his surgery. Anyway, Sunday he was his happy little self. Such an amazing little guy. This has changed our family more then anything.

They removed his IV's and monitors. All thats left is his feeding tube and Cath. They have to keep the Cath in until his donor sites quit bleeding. But, this will be just a few days or so. They have him on a rigorous PT to get him up and walking again. The wet suit is off now, so he can get the walking started. Its gonna be hard for Ashley, Willie's Mom, too. She has to do the PT with him. Shellie (Willies grandma) and I went to Ohio to get training we need to help assist Ashley with the care for Willie. We were able to get an evening and a morning training in. Wow, I was exhausted. I cant imagine doing this on a regular basis.

Willie's schedule is and Outing on Next Thursday and a going away party Friday. He will be home either Friday or Saturday of Next week.

Dr.Love38

• Driver
  • Most popular driver 10 consecutive years
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2009, 08:05:01 PM »
So glad the little one is coming home. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

WSF

• Driver
  • 2013 Yahoo Fantasy Racing Champion!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2009, 02:21:56 AM »
Yay for Willie!!!!
The Seattle Seahawks are SuperBowl Champions!!!!!

robbybee

• Driver
  • Rustin in Tustin, indeed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2009, 03:29:27 PM »
There is still a long road ahead but the fact that he is being released from the hospital is a great sign!!

All the best to Little Willie!!
SPIT!

CabHearts88

• Crew Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2009, 05:02:43 PM »
Willie is doing good. He made it home the week before Thanksgiving. And had to go back Sunday after Thanksgiving for a Check up.
He has what is called skin bands forming on the back of his knees. This makes it difficult for him to walk.  He will have to have surgery to repair this.
Not sure when they will do the surgery, I'm hoping they will wait till after Christmas. But, they make the decissions.

CabHearts88

• Crew Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2009, 05:07:30 PM »
Here are a few newer pics of Willie

We had a WLW Tournament. Some of you Wrestle Mania's Might Remember Harley Race, This is him with Willie and my Sister Shellie, who is Willie's Grandma:

This is family with the Girl Wrestlers:

This is the Outlaws, LOL:

Willie sees his little Brother, Tanner, for the first time in 3 months. Tanner did not understand, and Willie kept touching him.

N.J.Bandit28

• Driver
  • Kyle Busch 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2009, 05:39:52 PM »
That's kool. Did they have the tournament for Willie? Did Harley Race actually rassle or did he just sign autographs?
R.I.P. BANDIT - I'll Miss Ya Buddy
#28 Davey Allison Fan 4 Life

oneshineylady

• Driver
    • View Profile
    • Msn Spaces(the blogs are funnier anyway)
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2009, 09:22:57 PM »
Oh Cab!!!! I am SO happy for Willie, u and your family that he is ok and getting better. What a sad thing for such a little guy to go through! It's uphill now girl! but what a scare it must have been during! Hearts from your northern buddies, and best wishes to you all!
Everyone has to believe in something....I believe I'll have another drink. GO KINKOS!

CabHearts88

• Crew Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2009, 11:02:29 PM »
Harley is too old to wrestle now. He couldnt even get into the ring. His wife just passed away this past month.
They treated Willie like a King. It was so fun. They donated $100. That is going to help pay for the Boys Christmas.

N.J.Bandit28

• Driver
  • Kyle Busch 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2009, 03:08:58 AM »

They treated Willie like a King. It was so fun. They donated $100. That is going to help pay for the Boys Christmas.

That's kool of them.
R.I.P. BANDIT - I'll Miss Ya Buddy
#28 Davey Allison Fan 4 Life

CabHearts88

• Crew Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2009, 07:07:51 PM »
Willie has a fractured leg. It isnt a bad break. But he can't walk on it. They cant put a cast on it. Due to his skin Treatments.
I just dont know what God has in store for this Little Man. But, enough is enough.

Flashpointe

• Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2010, 08:31:02 PM »
ok...bump this up and find out how Willie is doing.....
Silly boys, Fire Trucks are for girls......

Racing Rocks

• Driver
  • Rail Roads Move America
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2010, 09:27:37 PM »
Ditto to what Flashpoint said... How is he doing ??

CabHearts88

• Crew Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2010, 02:07:28 PM »
Oh I'm sorry you all. I havent givin an update in awhile.

Willie is doing great. He does have some nerve damage in his right leg. He goes to Physical Therapy once a week. He is growing so fast that he has already got a New set of Garments.  They didnt refit him for a new mask but he really needs one, he's outgrowin it.
I get Willie and Tanner a couple times a week or more if needed. Gives his Mom a break. Most of you know Dillan, one of Willie's older Brother lives with me now. Temporary maybe, at least till Ashley gets a house of her own.

So here is the good news: Willie Received Shriner's Hospital For Children Cincinnati "Hero of the Month" This is pretty cool. And Shriners have really been great help with Willie.  So if you ever get a chance to support your local Shrine Club please do so. Its amazing what this group does for kids.

robbybee

• Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2010, 02:09:47 PM »
Good news!

Stay strong, Willie!!
SPIT!

CabHearts88

• Crew Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2010, 02:16:35 PM »

He received a Membership to the Kids Wish Network, and a $200 Gift Certificate to WalMart. Which he went shopping for new clothes cause he is growing so fast.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 02:18:53 PM by CabHearts88 »

Checkers 88

• Administrator
  • Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2012, 02:05:07 PM »
Wow, It's been a long time since I posted here. There is a lot to say, and I know a lot of you have followed Willie's progress.
Four people have been arrested after a month-long narcotics investigation.  According to the Richmond Police Department, they brought in Densil Brown, 49, Ashley Berry, 28, and Joshua Bingham, 34, all of Richmond, and Roger Tabor, 24, of Excelsior Springs after serving a search warrant on Thursday.  All four are charged with distribution, delivery, or manufacturing of a controlled substance, endangering the welfare of a child, and unlawful use of drug paraphernalia.  Bond is set at $25,000 each and they remain in custody at the Ray County Jail.

Ashley is Willie's Mom, and Joshua is her Low Life Boyfriend, and Willie was the child they had in the house, that was endangered.
My sister and I now share guardianship of him. He is a ward of the State, however, they are allowing us to keep him in our homes. This gives us time to have a court order for Full Rights Custody over him.  We will get what they call Co-Custody of him. Since my sister works full time, she is unable to get him to his on going appointments, so I will be in charge of those. He will be living with her, but, I can have him anytime I want, or that he wants to come. He also is now able to go see his Brothers more. Ashley wouldnt allow him to go see them.

A lot has changed in the Little guys life. But he now has structure and ppl who care for him, and not just using him for an ATM.

Checkers 88

• Administrator
  • Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2012, 03:13:24 PM »

robbybee

• Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2012, 03:33:15 PM »
The lad's growing up fast!

Good for you and your sister! Keep that boy safe!!

After all he has been through, he deserves some stability in his life.
SPIT!