Author Topic: WIW? Dale Earnhardt Sr. Tire?  (Read 4255 times)

Psycho Racing

• Gas Man
    • View Profile
WIW? Dale Earnhardt Sr. Tire?
« on: April 05, 2009, 05:10:08 PM »
Hello everyone,

I'm new here, obviously. But I've been looking online for days and can't find the info I need on an item I have.

I have a racing tire, used by Dale Sr. on the no.3 car, and can't find a value on it anywhere.

I bought the tire before his death at Texas Motor Speedway. I'm thinking it was the second year that TMS was open.

The tire has been kept in an air conditioned environment since I bought it. It has all the markings on it that show it to be his. However, I never sent in to get the Certificate of Authenticity, thus have no actual history on the tire itself. This is a whole tire, in very good shape.

The tire is just sitting around my house, not being displayed properly, and is kinda in the way. Kinda! I'm not looking to jump up and sell it for the first offer I get, but will entertain any serious offer. I'd really like to find somewhere to asses it's true value, and possibly even get the certificate of authenticity for it.

Here are some pics:

Thanks in advance for any help y'all can offer.

Jay
Kaufman, Tx

Nascar#3

• Driver
  • Driver in avatar is Andrew Ranger winning Montreal
    • View Profile
    • Nascar nut
Re: WIW? Dale Earnhardt Sr. Tire?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 04:54:19 PM »
It's worth what you paid for it...And what ever a Dale collector would be willing to pay but there is no true collection $$$ Value to such items I think !
Peace: It's the short period of time between running out of amo and reloading.

caboolarue

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 06:10:49 PM »
Make a table out of it  ;D

Intimidatoruag

• Jackman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 02:05:28 PM »
it might have been worth more with COA ... but otherwise it would be hard for someone to actually believe it is a Dale Earnhardt tire ....

at this point I would say $20 ?????