Author Topic: Full-Tilt Pout Mode  (Read 3351 times)

Texas16

• Driver
    • View Profile
Full-Tilt Pout Mode
« on: May 07, 2007, 12:25:14 PM »
Pouting.

Itís an ugly word, but quite frankly thatís what Iím doing today.  Long ago, I told my staff that when Biffle has a bad Sunday, my staff will have a bad Monday so just stay clear of me.  Todayís a bad Monday.

At first blush, some of the more macho NASCAR fans might suggest that finally Iíve arrived at a trait that is uniquely a female fanís characteristic.  I would contest that assertion.  Guys may call it something else, but we ardent fansógals and guys alikeóstill pout like little babies when our drivers donít do well.  The difference is that some of yíall handle it better than others of us, and I do include myself in the latter group.

I suppose the flip side emotion of pouting is gloating.  Typical guy emotion.  Just this morning, I heard a story of a raging Kurt Busch fan (yes, there is one out there!) who, in his elation over the #2 carís great run at Richmond, told his best friend, ďI donít give a damn how rotten your day at work was because Kurt Busch had a great day and your driver sucks!Ē  Textbook case of gloating.  Typical guy.

But wait!  Itís a gal thing, too!  My best friendís driver had a rotten day at Richmond, too, and all I could think about was that at least Biffle moved ahead one spot in the points even though it was because her favorite driver slipped a position.  Isnít that gloating, too?  And isnít it gloating when I wear my Biffle t-shirts to work on Monday after heís won on Sunday? 

I suppose itís all in the delivery.  ďKurt Busch rules and [insert your favorite driver here] sucks!Ē  Is that camaraderie or gloating?  I like to think that Iím objective enough to recognize that Kurt Busch did have an awesome day yesterday, that the 48 team is an incredible team, that even making the race was a terrific thing for Allmendinger, that Montoya is a skilled driver and will only get better (if someone doesnít throttle him before he has a chance to adapt).  And probably by the end of the week, Iíll be able to say those things.  But for now, Iím in full-tilt pout mode. 

Call ME a pouty little girl, if you must.  But donít think for a moment that itís ďtypical femaleĒ.  Instead, call me an ardent fan.  And stay the heck away from me for the rest of the day.
Bug-Eyed Dummy can drive.

Scott

• Administrator
  • Driver
    • View Profile
    • ScottSpain.com
Re: Full-Tilt Pout Mode
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 02:00:42 PM »
Let this article be a lesson to all those who are on me to just pick a favorite driver already! Do you see what kind of emotional trauma I'm avoiding by living life on the fence?
- Scott Spain

WSF

• Driver
  • 2013 Yahoo Fantasy Racing Champion!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 02:16:56 PM »
Am just happy that my driver's made it to the end of the race. But i do get pissed off when their taken out by some bone head move by other driver! then am bitching about it for the rest of the day. But i know theres a race next week, so i look forward for a good run by all my driver's.
The Seattle Seahawks are SuperBowl Champions!!!!!

HERM

• Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 03:21:39 PM »
been a fan of racing for a long time.  just remember, there are alot more classy fans out there than the horse's a$$ fans that we notice the most.

definitions:
classy fans:  excepts the defete, congradulates you for your drivers run, gives credit to disliked drivers when it is due.

horse's a$$ fans:  gloats and brags of his driver is awesome and your sucks when his does well, makes up excuses when your driver does better.

wendyrlfg

• Jackman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 10:12:26 PM »
I couldn't agree more

WSF

• Driver
  • 2013 Yahoo Fantasy Racing Champion!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 11:51:20 PM »
horse's a$$ fans:  gloats and brags of his driver is awesome and your sucks when his does well, makes up excuses when your driver does better.

I only use this one on my hubby  ;D To other people i'm nice as pie.  :)
The Seattle Seahawks are SuperBowl Champions!!!!!

HERM

• Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 12:13:30 PM »

these rules do not apply to immediate family......and maybe to heckle #1jimmiefan here and there....

#1Jimmiefan

• Driver
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 10:09:00 PM »

these rules do not apply to immediate family......and maybe to heckle #1jimmiefan here and there....

That's fine, Herm. Maybe I will have to be a "horses a$$ fan" next time my boy wins again, shouldn't be too long of a wait.  ;D

HERM

• Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2007, 09:18:46 PM »

That's fine, Herm. Maybe I will have to be a "horses a$$ fan" next time my boy wins again, shouldn't be too long of a wait.  ;D
she looks, she fires....direct hit.....cuts so deep....

***deeply considering changing over to indy racing***

#1Jimmiefan

• Driver
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 12:42:57 AM »
she looks, she fires....direct hit.....cuts so deep....

***deeply considering changing over to indy racing***

LOL, love you Herm! ;)

ValiHessweire

• Gas Man
    • View Profile
Full Tilt Pout Mode
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2009, 04:47:50 AM »
Anyone know the best way to get money into Full Tilt.  I think Im going to try my MC first but if that doesnt work is MG an option?  Thanks fellas