Author Topic: WTB: Looking for a Die-Cast  (Read 4260 times)

Texas16

• Authors
  • Driver
    • View Profile
WTB: Looking for a Die-Cast
« on: April 28, 2008, 11:57:55 AM »
I'd like to add a particular diecast car to my collection.  Naturally it's one of Biffle's--the 2005 1:24 scale Post-It car.  I've already to got the Nat'l Guard one from that year but there's a gap in my small collection for where the Post-It one would go.  I don't know the name of the production series that it comes from.  It's probably a Team Caliber production, the one with the deck lid, hood and roof flaps that open.  Origianl retail price should have been about $85.  I don't care about a box but I'd like the car to be in nice condition.  There's one on eBay right now but I'm just not so sure I want to pay $70 + shipping for it.  If any of y'all ever pop in and out of a collectibles shop, would y'all drop me a line?  Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 02:18:56 AM by Scott »
Bug-Eyed Dummy can drive.

Texas16

• Authors
  • Driver
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a Die-Cast
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 11:59:51 AM »
Also, it just occurred to me that I might not be the only person out there who's looking for a particular item to add to personal collections.  Is it worth keeping a "sticky" topic at the top of the Off-Topic Lounge for collectibles anybody's looking for? 

1_Newman_Fan

• Driver
  • Poor Boy Racing class 7sx
    • View Profile
    • Bazi
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 12:26:04 PM »
isn't that the car that he won california with?? if so i may know were one is i think its signed thow i got one for a friend when i got mine hes not a bif fan and may want to get rid of it..

Texas16

• Authors
  • Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 01:03:56 PM »
Yep, I'll bet that's the one I'm looking for.  Let me know if he's interested in getting rid of it.  If the price is in the right vicinitiy, I'll buy it or I'd be willing to work out a trade for another driver if I've got it.  I have access to some '06, lots of '07 and a handful of '08 styles including possibly a #88 National Guard or #88 AMP if that's your buddy's cup of tea.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 01:05:31 PM by Texas16 »

zooney9334

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 05:22:05 PM »
Wish I could help - we went to his trailer in Phoenix and Vegas, all we could find is the 3M.

There's a cheaper one on E-bay now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Greg-Biffle-Autographed-2005-Post-it-1-24_W0QQitemZ270232399796QQihZ017QQcategoryZ16484QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

#1Jimmiefan

• Driver
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 07:56:39 PM »
Also, it just occurred to me that I might not be the only person out there who's looking for a particular item to add to personal collections.  Is it worth keeping a "sticky" topic at the top of the Off-Topic Lounge for collectibles anybody's looking for? 

I think that is a GREAT idea!

Texas16

• Authors
  • Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 08:04:57 PM »
Wish I could help - we went to his trailer in Phoenix and Vegas, all we could find is the 3M.

There's a cheaper one on E-bay now:

Thanks for the help!  This must have been posted since I was last on eBay looking for one.  Thanks!!!  Autographs don't really excite me but I'd bid on an autographed one.  Cool!  I'll have to keep watching this one.

Yeah, the trailers don't get excited about carrying drivers' old stuff.  I thought about contacting MA but decided to exhaust all other possibilities before I dove into that madhouse looking for just one lonely ole diecast.   I didn't plan to collect any of the 1:24's but when I had the chance to get one for a reasonable price, I did.  And that led to the next one, then my friends have bought a couple for me and so on.  Now the problem I've got is where and how to display them.  I can't leave them in my office because, as it was explained to me by a co-worker, if it's in the shape of a car and has any moving parts to it, guys will gravitate to the item and will mindlessly play with it 'til it breaks.  And that's what happened to my '07 AmeriQuest COT. 

Thanks again for your help!

Texas16

• Authors
  • Driver
    • View Profile
Re: WTB: Looking for a Die-Cast
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 12:04:38 AM »
Got what I was looking for on eBay.  Thanks for heads-upping me to this listing, Zooney.  It worked out just fine for me.

zooney9334

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 09:25:34 PM »
Great!  I was going to ask you if you won.  ;D

Texas16

• Authors
  • Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 12:11:37 AM »
I got my new car yesterday!  It's awesome.  It's a lovely blue, white and red 2005 Ford Taurus with a big ole "Greg Biffle 16" written on the top across that bright yellow "16".  I think "scribbled" is a better word than "written" to describe the autograph.  The autograph was just a bonus; I'm thrilled to get a 1:24 with that paint scheme.  My collection is growing but the area into which it must be fitted isn't.  Soon I'll have to start throwing out the textbooks to make room for the cars.

caboolarue

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 10:52:24 PM »
I was watching QVC yesturday.  They had a 3 car Die-cast with Johnny Cash and Dale Earnhardt on it.  I would love to have it, my son was even gonna get it for me.  I wouldn't let him.  I will not Support Teresa.