Author Topic: Pure Coincidence?  (Read 8612 times)

zebmonkey

• Driver
    • View Profile
Re: Pure Coincidence?
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2008, 11:15:17 PM »
I'm going to go rewind my race tape and rewatch it because i've heard that McDowell was three laps down at the end of the race, but not at the time when he was holding Burton up. Ive heard that he had just lost the lead lap and was racing Kvapil for the Lucky Dog.
yes, i'm a MWR fan.

HERM

• Driver
    • View Profile
Re: Pure Coincidence?
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2008, 07:22:34 AM »

Just a coincidence?  Not hardly.  There is little doubt in my mind that Toyota paid Mr. McDowell a really handsome bonus for his significant role in securing the manufacturer's 2nd Cup win in the last three races.  There is little doubt that there are many Cup wins yet to come for Toyota.  It is their calling card.  They buy their way into a series, and then buy their way to the top of the series - picking apart other teams and taking the cream of the crop. 

Money buys speed, period.  It always has, and it always will.  On Sunday at Martinsville, in my opinion, money bought a rookie blocker - a moving chicane - that helped give Toyota another 'W'.

i do not think a rookie would have +self control for this to be on purpose.  what happened was wrong but was just a rookie mistake

as for the black choppers, the are blacker, i rode in them, many times