Author Topic: Let's Go Shopping  (Read 18315 times)

Texas16

• Driver
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Go Shopping
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2007, 08:39:46 AM »
I concur that Target it getting a healthy "ROI" from their sponsorship of Ganassi's teams--both IRL and NASCAR.  And I don't see them as doing NASCAR a favor.  There's very little--if any--altruism in NASCAR sponsorship.  Still, they are supporting the sport.  There is a two-way exchange of money associated w/ Target.  With Wally World, there seems to be only a one-way exchange of money.  In fact, other than local education endeavors (which I firmly believe are important), what does WalMart support, sponsor, etc?  Until about a year-and-a-half ago, W-M would donate damaged but useable food to local charities and food banks.  In response to a lawsuit, now they've quit doing even that. 
Bug-Eyed Dummy can drive.

Scott

• Administrator
  • Driver
    • View Profile
    • ScottSpain.com
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2007, 05:14:18 PM »
With Wally World, there seems to be only a one-way exchange of money.

NASCAR/drivers make no money from NASCAR merch sold at Wal-Mart?  ;)
- Scott Spain

Texas16

• Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2007, 10:35:53 PM »
I meant the sport as a whole.
Bug-Eyed Dummy can drive.

canuck speed freak

• Driver
  • G Stars Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2007, 12:03:34 PM »
ROI is the only reason any company spends money to promote their business. I dont believe that Target, Wal-mart, or Home Depot is thinking they are doing Nascar a service.
You must first finish, to finish First. mfdiana.com
www.parksvillegenerals.org  VP and scorekeeper
www.focusfanatics.com proud member

caboolarue

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2007, 02:11:14 PM »
Until about a year-and-a-half ago, W-M would donate damaged but useable food to local charities and food banks.  In response to a lawsuit, now they've quit doing even that. 
Catching up on some info here.  Curious, is there any info in response to this lawsuit.  I am in the not-for-profit business, and I have a resource library for those who are having a rough time.  I never could figure out why W-M throws away so much, when it could be put to good use. 

You know they have this huge trash compact that is enclosed so homeless can't rumage through it (I know this sounds bad written down, but couldn't figure out any other way to put it.)

Nascar#3

• Driver
  • Driver in avatar is Andrew Ranger winning Montreal
    • View Profile
    • Nascar nut
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2007, 11:59:48 AM »
I buy Oreo cookies, I drink Coke Cola, I put shell fuel in my car, oil it down in Penzoil, wash my clothes with Tide, drink Budwieser, coors light, miller lite, Jack Daniels, wash the chrome on the car with Pepsi cola, I drive a toyota, get my film devolloped on Kodac paper, ship with Fex EX and UPS....You get my drift.....I got my Nascar real bad! LOL!
Peace: It's the short period of time between running out of amo and reloading.

#1Jimmiefan

• Driver
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2007, 01:34:29 PM »
Catching up on some info here.  Curious, is there any info in response to this lawsuit.  I am in the not-for-profit business, and I have a resource library for those who are having a rough time.  I never could figure out why W-M throws away so much, when it could be put to good use. 

You know they have this huge trash compact that is enclosed so homeless can't rumage through it (I know this sounds bad written down, but couldn't figure out any other way to put it.)

I have looked all over and the only thing I can find is that Wal-Mart chose not to donate anymore due to the fear of being sued...I could find nothing about an actual lawsuit. In fact, IF they donate food and someone were to become ill from eating that food Wal-Mart would have no liability under the Good Samaritan Food Donation Act which is a federal law passed in 1996 offering food donors wide-ranging protections from civil lawsuits or criminal prosecution. The law states that donors can be held liable only in instances of "gross negligence."

caboolarue

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2007, 02:27:06 PM »
Thanx, #1Jimmiefan, I thought there was some type of Good Samaritan protection, otherwise places like Salvation Army, Harvestors, Church Groups, food pantries etc. would not be able to pass out donated items to the needy.  We have a local church group that goes around to different grocery stores and get bread, and pastry items, then they pass it out to those who are in need.

#1Jimmiefan

• Driver
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2007, 03:44:18 PM »
Anytime, it really makes no sense to me. Sam Walton would have wanted the items donated and for a company that greedy it is stupid they wouldn't want the extra tax write off. They donate $$ (supposedly) but they could get an even bigger tax break if they donated food, clothing, etc.

I am sure Mr. Walton is rolling in his grave over what's happened with that company since he passed.

caboolarue

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2007, 07:07:27 PM »
Yes, I am aware of the matching grants, My organization is receptive of it once a year.  We are very appreciative of it.  But there is so much more that could be done with the throw away items.

#1Jimmiefan

• Driver
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2007, 07:09:49 PM »
I totally agree, and if Wal-Mart were smart they'd be doing just that! Why throw out food that would benefit non-profit organiztions as well as themselves? Stupidity!

Pridalk09

• Gas Man
    • View Profile
    • Interesting site.
Lets Go Shopping
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2009, 03:52:10 AM »
Hi all,,, lets chat in here and enjoy our time..

sooo... how is everyone and wt ru doing at the moment ???

yala waitin for ur replies

cyaa..

Pridalk09

• Gas Man
    • View Profile
    • Interesting site.
Lets Go Shopping
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2009, 03:29:59 AM »
So does Lets Tap come with those box lids? Od will I ned to make my own?

I dont have a table in my gaming room to set-it up on.

Looking forward to the game