Author Topic: Depression Sunday  (Read 7791 times)

Quack

• Administrator
  • Driver
    • View Profile
Depression Sunday
« on: November 17, 2007, 04:42:34 PM »
Okay, so this weekend is Race #36 of 36 for the Cup season.  In other words, this coming Sunday is Depression Sunday.  I am already beginning to feel it.  It's horrible.  I fear that this year Depression Sunday may be the worst of my life.

Every year for the last 25 or so years, Depression Sunday has been a reality that I can't seem to get past.  It begins with the last race of the Cup season, and doesn't end until they fire the engines at Daytona in February.  It sucks.  It's pure misery.  It's so bad that my family ends up depressed as well.  They hate me during these couple of months.  This year, you guys - my new NASCARDIAC family - also get to share in my misery.  I'm just warning you ahead of time, it's really, really bad.  But I still do love you guys, no matter how depressed I become or what I may say.  Hold fast to that.

Anyways, on to this week's Quack on Track picks.....

Who to Watch
Who really cares?  It's Depression Sunday.

Who's Going to Win
It's the end of the season, so we (the fans) aren't going to be winning.  So in reality, who really cares?  It's Depression Sunday.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Happy racing - come February.

caboolarue

Re: Depression Sunday
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 05:03:25 PM »
Cab with head hung low.

What's this the beginning of your misery?  Well, I guess it's better to have all of us to be miserable with as opposed to taking it out on the Little Quackers.

DeniseIndy

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 05:17:37 PM »
Double down on the Prozac.

WSF

• Driver
  • 2013 Yahoo Fantasy Racing Champion!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 10:07:34 PM »
If i wasn't Depressed before, i'm sure in the hell am now after reading that. Thanks Quack. :(
The Seattle Seahawks are SuperBowl Champions!!!!!

kimmer

• Administrator
  • Driver
  • Gas On!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 12:10:33 AM »
We'll be ok...we're a good group- full of support and conversation - there will be lots of off season topics to talk about... Daytona shoot-out is just around the corner...once we get past the holidays, realisitically, we'll be thru the deprivation in about 5 weeks...... :)
(i'm just trying to be supportive with a positive outlook)   ;D

#1Jimmiefan

• Driver
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 12:28:35 AM »
Quack, you just depressed the hell out of me and I was holding off until AFTER the race Sunday for that...gee, thanks. 

Kimmer, your post helped, thanks.  You're right, we have each other on here and we'll be fine, dang it!

caboolarue

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 12:31:16 AM »
We'll be ok...we're a good group- full of support and conversation - there will be lots of off season topics to talk about... Daytona shoot-out is just around the corner...once we get past the holidays, realisitically, we'll be thru the deprivation in about 5 weeks...... :)
(i'm just trying to be supportive with a positive outlook)   ;D
Yeah, the worst is gonna be in January.  The Holidays always keeps me busy and distracted.  But, now that the kids are older and bizzier, it helps keep me pre occupied.  Daughter Cab will be doing all her Musical Compititions, Boys baseball starts sometime around then (we have indoor facilities.) So I'm hoping for a quick Nascardiac recovery.

kimmer

• Administrator
  • Driver
  • Gas On!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 12:48:03 AM »
this is the 30th(+) something season "ender" for me....of course, during my adult life - it has become waay more difficult, especially when you become more involved in the sport and when you go to work on Monday, you look forward to Friday, qualifying and truck races as scheduled.  I admit, I do live week to week (hell-day to day), waiting for the practices, the qualifying, NASCAR live show and racing from all 3 nascar series.  So far, I have greatly enjoyed all the racing thids year.  I am anxious for the race tomorrow and and at the same time, depressed the 2007 season is over - I went to the Shoot-out race in Feb this past year - my god - where did the 2007 year go (seems like it was last week) ???  NAd all the other races..... No matter, once the craziness of the holidays comes and goes and we watch the banquet, speed weeks will be upon us (and I'll be back in Daytona for the shoot-out)....we'll be out here posting .... we'll be ok!!!!  This is a GREAT GROUP!!!!

Quack

• Administrator
  • Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2007, 06:05:02 PM »
Thank God for the signs and their generous offering of Captain to ease my pain... for today anyways.

caboolarue

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2007, 06:27:37 PM »
Thank God for the signs and their generous offering of Captain to ease my pain... for today anyways.
Oh, I'm so jealous right now.  I'm sending K-son after mine right now.  After what I've done for them today I deserve some Captain.

#1Jimmiefan

• Driver
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2007, 06:39:14 PM »
I'd like a li'l Captain about now. I'll settle for the darvocet (damn migraines!)

NASCARGirl

• Driver
  • All is fair in Love and NASCAR!!
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 12:12:16 PM »
we will be ok trust me on this one

i have a heck of a lot going on now and have to deal with a lot.  sundays will now become a day of rest for me and i need it.

the holidays will be ok i just have to make it through them.  doing that is going to be hard due to a situation that i have here at home.  husband crapola!

oh well i think that i will just head to kimmers she always makes life fun. 

love n peace
mitzi
Kmart Associate

oneshineylady

• Driver
    • View Profile
    • Msn Spaces(the blogs are funnier anyway)
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 12:57:46 PM »
I can hear the banging down of the door to Herms office and coach.... Help us Dr. Herm!
Everyone has to believe in something....I believe I'll have another drink. GO KINKOS!

NASCARGirl

• Driver
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 08:44:28 PM »
someone told me that the best thing for your pain is never found at the pharamacy but at your local ABC store... hummmm
Kmart Associate

Quack

• Administrator
  • Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2007, 04:31:20 AM »
someone told me that the best thing for your pain is never found at the pharamacy but at your local ABC store... hummmm

Someone gave you quite the nugget of wisdom!   ;D

NASCARGirl

• Driver
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2007, 01:28:45 AM »
i need to visit that ABC store.... tomorrow no racing and all studying
Kmart Associate

kimmer

• Administrator
  • Driver
  • Gas On!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2007, 01:47:18 AM »
i need to visit that ABC store.... tomorrow no racing and all studying
Fridge is already stocked - LOL

caboolarue

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2007, 10:00:51 AM »
Hey, Where has Quack been lately,  I hope he's doing OK?  He's being very quiet.

WSF

• Driver
  • 2013 Yahoo Fantasy Racing Champion!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2007, 12:55:51 PM »
Maybe we should be doing some Quack hunting. :) ;)
The Seattle Seahawks are SuperBowl Champions!!!!!

Quack

• Administrator
  • Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2007, 03:26:53 PM »
Quack has been insanely busy, which has cut into his NASCARDIAC time.  But other than that (and the fact that the racing season is over), all is well.  :)