Author Topic: Nascar BS Fatigue  (Read 1974 times)

Signspotter#19

• Driver
    • View Profile
Nascar BS Fatigue
« on: October 04, 2007, 05:30:58 PM »
I can’t help but notice lately that I am less enthusiastic as I used to be about Nascar. I think it is because I never know from week to week if a new rule will be in place or another controversial call will be made that doesn’t make sense. I know many of you feel the same way.

Rules, I understand need tweaking from time to time but I have never seen so many rule changes in any sport. I know this sport is different from the other sports due to equipment, technology evolution, and changes being made to tracks but they just seem so excessive. Why can’t a rule be made without so many “gray areas”?

I’ve never been one to buy into the conspiracy theories, but with all the crap I have seen this year in particular, I sometimes wonder if there is merit there. I really don’t believe it but it does make me wonder. It would be nice to sit and enjoy a race without wondering from lap to lap if someone will be penalized for aggressive driving because Nascar deemed the same move “aggressive” the week before but didn’t two laps ago when a different driver made the same move. Nascar has been particularly inconsistent this year with their rulings. This only fuels the conspiracy debate. I personally think Nascar just has their head up their you know what. I am tired of all the “gray area” penalties that only apply to the few and I’m just plain tired of “gray areas”.

I still love the sport and look forward to watching the races but it just isn’t the same as it used to be. Thanks for letting me vent my frustrations! There is more to vent but I think everyone gets the idea. Feel free to vent here if you need to or to give words of encouragement if there are any.

"Everyone's invited to the Barn for bologna burgers next Saturday night"

caboolarue

Re: Nascar BS Fatigue
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 08:33:21 PM »
Ok, well since we have your permission. 

Michael Waltrip said on INC, "Nascar is fair"  and the fans believe differently.  I don't believe Nascar is Fair.  This has bothered me a lot since Monday Night, it is festering inside me.  So, close your ears....
SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM.

Thank you.

Signspotter#19

• Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 08:39:15 PM »
Ok, well since we have your permission. 

Michael Waltrip said on INC, "Nascar is fair"  and the fans believe differently.  I don't believe Nascar is Fair.  This has bothered me a lot since Monday Night, it is festering inside me.  So, close your ears....
SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM.

Thank you.

What is fair to one person does not necessarily make it so Mikey! I share in your dispair.
"Everyone's invited to the Barn for bologna burgers next Saturday night"

Signholder

• Administrator
  • Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 04:19:59 PM »
Fatigue=Frustration!!!
I too feel the frustration of Nascars inconsistant application of "the rules". It's almost like they want to manipulate certain rules to effect certain drivers to give the sense of "closer and better competition". IMO, let the drivers/teams compete with the rules as they are when the race starts. If they feel something is amiss, then change it for next week.
Nascar really needs to try and eliminate the "judgement calls". Aggressive driving, reasonable speed are examples. Bump draft-create bump draft zones, if you bump out of the zone, stop and go penality. Reasonable speed= 2/3 pit road speed. It can be done and no one can dispute the violations.
If any of you can think of other "judgement calls" please post them and what you think would be a solution.
Oh....heres another.....Passed pre-race inspection but too low in post-race inspection. That is either caused by intentional adjustments (set penality) or unintentional part failure or on track incident (no penality). Intentional engineered part failure as deemed by independant analysis (BIG set penality).
Lets have some feed back, people in the know are looking. :o
Heeeer's yur sign!!!

Pridalk09

• Gas Man
    • View Profile
    • Interesting site.
Nascar BS Fatigue
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 10:05:05 PM »
Im still looking forward too the last race. I know its a long shot but Im really hoping Mark Martin pulls through because NOBODY deserves a championship like that man does.

Heres hoping.