Author Topic: Kansas Speedway  (Read 3276 times)

Quack

• Administrator
  • Driver
    • View Profile
Kansas Speedway
« on: September 30, 2007, 12:01:17 AM »
Well, we're off for a visit to Kansas Speedway this weekend.  There's nothing really special about Kansas from a racing standpoint.  It's a pretty standard 1.5 mile track that offers, well, racing.  That's about it.  The fans that get to visit the track in person allegedly have one of the greatest experiences on the circuit, but since I have yet to attend a race there, I can't really comment on all of that.  I guess that means a shorter article this week?  LOL

Who to Watch
Who? #55, Michael Waltrip
Why? Mikey qualified an amazing 11th this weekend.  While his career stats at Kansas are less than spectacular, for the last couple of months, when he has made the show on a downforce track, he has turned in some decent finishes.  Included in that was a 10th at Michigan in June.  If you can afford the risk, he might be a good choice for some cheap points.

Who? #43, Bobby Labonte
Why? Labonte has been running rather well lately, scoring top 11 finishes at Michigan, Bristol, and California in the last few weeks.  After qualifying well this weekend, I think there's a really good chance that he'll add another Top 15 run to his resume.

Who? #5, Kyle Busch
Why? Unlike last year when he quickly faded in "The Chase", Shrub is hanging right around with the leaders this year.  Wouldn't it be something if he handed Rick Hendrick the title on his way out the door?  It's amazing the increased maturity this kid has shown since changing agents midway through the year.  If he ever gets really mature, look out Cup Series; mark my words, he'll rewrite the history books.

Who? #17, Matt Kenseth
Why? Man, what a car he had last week at Dover.  Too bad he didn't have an engine too.  Look for Matt to be back in top form again this weekend.

Who's Going to Win
Once again, I have no earthly idea.  But if you take the car he had last year, add in a good fuel pump, and combine it with the year he's having so far this year, it'd be hard to bet against Jeff Gordon in the #24 Dupont Chevrolet.  Of course then there's Jimmie Johnson in the #48 Lowe's Chevrolet.  Or Tony Stewart in the #20 Home Depot Chevrolet.  Or Clint Bowyer in the #07 Jack Daniels Chevrolet.  Or Jeff Burton in the #31 AT&T Chevrolet.

Hmmmm... By God, I think I've got it!  Chevrolet is going to win this weekend!  :)

Happy racing.

Signspotter#19

• Authors
  • Driver
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas Speedway
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 12:55:47 PM »
Ford will win this weekend! ;D
"Everyone's invited to the Barn for bologna burgers next Saturday night"

Signspotter#19

• Authors
  • Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 10:18:13 PM »

caboolarue

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 11:38:03 PM »
OOO, Ouch Quack.  I hope you do better next race  ;)

Quack

• Administrator
  • Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 12:11:48 AM »
I'm sorry to break it to you, folks, but a Ford did not win at Kansas.  Greg Biffle did not maintain pace car speed, and therefore by NASCAR rules, is not the winner.  The real winner was Clint Bowyer in the #07 Chevrolet.  I don't know if NASCAR will fix their screwup or not, but Biffle did not win.

This is one of the longest-standing rules in the rulebook.  Forget "frozen fields".  You still have to maintain pace.  Look at Robby Gordon in the Busch race at Montreal.  If NASCAR allows Biffle to keep this win, they will prove once and for all that they simply do not give a shit about following their own rules.

Signspotter#19

• Authors
  • Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 12:21:32 AM »
Ford won.....Biffle won. :)

HERM

• Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 08:23:35 AM »
I'm sorry to break it to you, folks, but a Ford did not win at Kansas.  Greg Biffle did not maintain pace car speed, and therefore by NASCAR rules, is not the winner.  The real winner was Clint Bowyer in the #07 Chevrolet.  I don't know if NASCAR will fix their screwup or not, but Biffle did not win.

This is one of the longest-standing rules in the rulebook.  Forget "frozen fields".  You still have to maintain pace.  Look at Robby Gordon in the Busch race at Montreal.  If NASCAR allows Biffle to keep this win, they will prove once and for all that they simply do not give a shit about following their own rules.

they proved it.   under the 'kansa race thread'  i said the same thing.  i like biff, but that was wrong.

caboolarue

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 08:27:09 AM »
As much as I would have loved to see Bowyer win at Ks.  Nascar made their rule last night.   :-*

Signspotter#19

• Authors
  • Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 05:19:37 PM »
As much as I would have loved to see Bowyer win at Ks.  Nascar made their rule last night.   :-*

'nuff said. Thanks Cab!  :)

Scott

• Administrator
  • Driver
    • View Profile
    • ScottSpain.com
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 06:46:29 PM »
You're still including Michael Waltrip on your "Who to watch" list, huh?  What's that, three times now?

Interesting... Verrrrrrry, verrrrrrrry interesting.
- Scott Spain

Signspotter#19

• Authors
  • Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2007, 10:20:45 AM »
You're still including Michael Waltrip on your "Who to watch" list, huh?  What's that, three times now?

Interesting... Verrrrrrry, verrrrrrrry interesting.

He wants us to watch Mikey wreck my Schrader boy or someone else.

Scott

• Administrator
  • Driver
    • View Profile
    • ScottSpain.com
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2007, 02:42:26 PM »
Ahhh... I see. I didn't read it closely enough.

Who to Watch
Who? #55, Michael Waltrip
Why? Mikey qualified an amazing 11th this weekend.  While his career stats at Kansas are less than spectacular, his ability to crash week in and week out has made for some cheap entertainment.

I get it now.
- Scott Spain