Author Topic: Official Cup Schedule - Quack Style  (Read 8187 times)

Signspotter#19

• Authors
  • Driver
    • View Profile
Re: Official Cup Schedule - Quack Style
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2007, 06:38:18 PM »
No offense, but I hope Vegas never gets a second Cup date.  I do, however, hope they move the banquet to Vegas!  *That* would be celebrating the championship in style!  ;)

Banquet in Vegas? Now there is something we can agree on! ;)
"Everyone's invited to the Barn for bologna burgers next Saturday night"

#1Jimmiefan

• Driver
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2007, 06:40:27 PM »
Banquet in Vegas? Now there is something we can agree on! ;)

That makes 3 of us. I could do without another Vegas race, but the banquet would there would be cool  8).

TeamBlueOval

• Jackman
    • View Profile
    • Ford Fans Message Board
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2007, 03:39:51 PM »
That race as well as the one in Nov. sells out every time. Around a quarter of a million people attend that race. I would say that it is Nascar supported.

Quarter of a million is exaggerating. ;) Texas holds 154,000 people, NOT 250,000.  Texas (1.5 mile track) actually holds less people than Bristol (.5 mile track).
-Andrew

Signspotter#19

• Authors
  • Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2007, 03:44:51 PM »
Quarter of a million is exaggerating. ;) Texas holds 154,000 people, NOT 250,000.  Texas (1.5 mile track) actually holds less people than Bristol (.5 mile track).

Stop picking on me!! I was under the understanding that TMS held 250,000 people or close to it. I stand corrected. ;)

Signspotter#19

• Authors
  • Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2007, 03:51:16 PM »

Out of curiosity, where did you find that quote? I could not find it on this thread. Just trying to figure out what I was talking about. ??? I never know.

TeamBlueOval

• Jackman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2007, 04:14:03 PM »
Reply #7...this link will go straight to the post.

And, I got the seating capacity from this article.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 04:16:23 PM by TeamBlueOval »
-Andrew

Signspotter#19

• Authors
  • Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2007, 06:24:39 PM »
Reply #7...this link will go straight to the post.

And, I got the seating capacity from this article.

Found it! I was looking for 250,000 instead of a quarter of a million( numbers instead of written out). I read in the Ft. Worth paper after we attended the spring race in 2006 that attendance was over 200,000. I don't know if they were counting the infield as well as seating and suites or what. That is where I came up with that figure. The Official 2007 Nascar Preview and Press Guide Magazine states that in Spring 2006 attendancewas 189, 000. So I don't know where the numbers are exactly comming from but I know there are a butt load of people that go to both of those races.

#1Jimmiefan

• Driver
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2007, 09:15:00 PM »
Found it! I was looking for 250,000 instead of a quarter of a million( numbers instead of written out). I read in the Ft. Worth paper after we attended the spring race in 2006 that attendance was over 200,000. I don't know if they were counting the infield as well as seating and suites or what. That is where I came up with that figure. The Official 2007 Nascar Preview and Press Guide Magazine states that in Spring 2006 attendancewas 189, 000. So I don't know where the numbers are exactly comming from but I know there are a butt load of people that go to both of those races.

And I am one of them! WOO FRIGGIN' HOO! Not much longer, getting my tickets in the next few weeks!

Texas16

• Authors
  • Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2007, 10:19:57 PM »
Seating is something 154,200 seats at TMS but that doesn't include the infield, and I'm not sure that it includes luxury suites, administrative levels, Speedway Club, condos or business offices.  I think in the past couple of races, attendance has been around 190,000 for Cup race but none of the races have sold out completely since 2005 when TMS got a 2nd date.  I don't know about other tracks, but since Souvenir Alley at Texas is outside of the entry gates where tickets are required, the track has a surprisingly high number of folks who turn out just for the midway activities without attending any of the races.
-
And dammit, Quack, don't you be messing with our 2-race schedule!!!  I agree, however, with the idea of putting Infineon in the Chase as long as Texas and Infineon are not too close together.  My personal logistics couldn't handle anything less than a 6-week separation of dates. 
Bug-Eyed Dummy can drive.

#1Jimmiefan

• Driver
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2007, 10:46:31 PM »
I love the midway activities at TMS!

Quack

• Administrator
  • Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2007, 06:17:58 PM »
Okay, I've been working on this and massaging it for what seems like forever.  This version of the schedule is sure to ruffle some more feathers, and I would be happy as a lark with either version.  But, if NASCAR insists on the watered down championship format of "The Chase", this one is probably my personal preference.

#DateTrackNotes
1Feb 17HomesteadEven better weather this time of the year than Daytona, and the season still kicks off in Florida.  Besides, there's a lot more to do around Homestead/Miami than Daytona.  :)
2Feb 24CaliforniaYeah, I know.  But this one is for the marketing department.
3Mar 2VegasFor the marketing department, and the fans that love to gamble.
4Mar 9AtlantaOne of the two fastest tracks on the circuit.
5Mar 16BristolBeatin' and bangin' baby!
OffMar 23Easter
6Mar 30MartinsvilleSome more beatin' and bangin'!  Oh, and the balogna burgers.
7Apr 6PhoenixFirst Saturday night race of the year.
8Apr 13Talladega
9Apr 19RichmondSaturday night beatin' and bangin'!
10Apr 27RockinghamNASCAR returns to The Rock!  And on a date when the weather isn't likely to be a factor.
11May 3DarlingtonSaturday night.  Week before Mother's Day instead of the day before.
OffMay 11Mother's Day
Exhib.May 17CharlotteSaturday night / Open & All-Star
12May 25CharlotteCoke 600
13Jun 1Laguna SecaBeautiful road course in California.  We add a new track to the series, and pacify the marketing department, to boot.
14Jun 8PoconoDon't worry.  It's the only Pocono race on the schedule!
15Jun 15MichiganThe Father's Day tradition continues.
16Jun 21KansasSaturday night, under the lights.  Great track, but not during the Chase.
17Jun 29New HampshireLove the track.
18Jul 5TexasThe Saturday night Firecracker takes on a new Texas Tradition.
19Jul 12DaytonaSaturday night, kinda sorta almost not exactly the Firecracker.
20Jul 20Chicagoland
21Jul 27NazarethThe Cup Series makes a triumphant return to Nazareth!
22Aug 3IndianapolisBrickyard 400
23Aug 10Watkins GlenKick-butt road course action!  Arguably the best race through 23 races of 2007.
24Aug 16KentuckySaturday night, under the lights.  The Cup Series finally comes to Kentucky, a track that has proven it deserves a Cup date.
25Aug 23RichmondSaturday night beatin' and bangin' under the lights!
26Aug 31DarlingtonThe Real Southern 500!  Labor Day weekend returns to its rightful home, and in glorious fashion as the cutoff for the Chase!
OffSep 7Possible weather makeup date.  Otherwise, rest before the Chase begins.
27Sep 14New HampshireChase Race #1.
28Sep 20BristolChase Race #2.  Saturday night beatin' and bangin' to kick in the Chase!  Yeah baby!
29Sep 28DoverChase Race #3.  Go from the 1/2 mile concrete jungle to its big brother, the Monster Mile!
30Oct 4CharlotteChase Race #4.  Saturday night under the lights at home!
31Oct 12MartinsvilleChase Race #5.  More beatin' and bangin' in the Chase!
32Oct 19InfineonChase Race #6.  The Chase *needs* a road course.  This provides stellar racing in the Chase, another twist and turn (no pun intended) on the way to the title, and appeases the marketing department who so desperately covets the California market.
33Oct 26AtlantaChase Race #7.  Return to the high speeds of Hotlanta for the Chase!
34Nov 2TexasChase Race #8.  I thought long and hard about this one.  While I'd like to see some other tracks during the Chase, it (a) makes sense to add another 1.5 mile track, and, (b) more importantly, there's just not many places that weather will permit racing in November.
35Nov 9PhoenixChase Race #9.  See note above on Texas.  Also, this one helps appease the marketing department who covets the West Coast market.
Exhib.Nov 15DaytonaBud Shootout
Qual.Nov 20DaytonaTwin 125s (Gatorade Duals)
36Nov 23DaytonaChase Race #10.  The new Champion is crowned at the Granddaddy Race of them All - the Daytona 500!

Oh, and I'd *still* hold the banquet in Vegas.  Sorry New York.  You don't want us - we don't want you.  :)

« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 06:25:47 PM by Quack »

caboolarue

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2007, 06:21:16 PM »
I love the thought of changing Kansas to a night race.  Maybe, I could get Mr. Cab out of this louwsy house and get to actualy see a race at the track and not on a TV.

#1Jimmiefan

• Driver
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2007, 08:37:37 PM »
Hmmm...Texas in July. Hot as hell, but I would so be there. Woo Hoo!!! We are back to 2 races at TMS! I am a happy girl!

Quack

• Administrator
  • Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2007, 09:31:19 PM »
Hmmm...Texas in July. Hot as hell, but I would so be there. Woo Hoo!!! We are back to 2 races at TMS! I am a happy girl!

Hot?  Yes.  But it's a NIGHT RACE!  :)

#1Jimmiefan

• Driver
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2007, 10:18:26 PM »
Hot?  Yes.  But it's a NIGHT RACE!  :)

I saw that, I wasn't b#$^ing, I like the warm weather and I LOVE 2 races at TMS!

zebmonkey

• Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2007, 01:22:46 AM »
I prefer the Daytona 500 to be in Feb. I cannot take vacation time in November because i work in retail and we just don't get to take a vacation in November.
yes, i'm a MWR fan.

TeamBlueOval

• Jackman
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2007, 02:53:39 PM »
I don't think Daytona should be the last race because all the attention will be directed to the Chasers, and not to the winner of NASCAR's biggest race.
-Andrew

Scott

• Administrator
  • Driver
    • View Profile
    • ScottSpain.com
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2007, 06:58:51 PM »
This year's Vegas race was my least favorite of any race I've watched. That said, I'd still like to see a 2nd race added there. Vegas is a good location to get the California folks, and it's also pretty convenient for us Mountain peeps. Obviously my desire for a 2nd Vegas race are selfish.  Hopefully they'll work out the tire BS that ruined the last race there, and we'll have a better one next year.

Suggestion for Quack's schedule:

Swap the first and last races. If the Daytona 500 is truly the "Super Bowl of NASCAR", crown your champ there.

*runs for cover*
- Scott Spain

caboolarue

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2007, 07:09:27 PM »
I love the thought of changing Kansas to a night race.  Maybe, I could get Mr. Cab out of this louwsy house and get to actualy see a race at the track and not on a TV.

And we now know why Kansas can't possibly have a night race  >:(

But, I still have hope that they will add LIGHTS to the track.  Idiots, who builds a track now-a-dayz, and don't put up lights.  What were they thinking.   ???

Scott

• Administrator
  • Driver
    • View Profile
    • ScottSpain.com
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2007, 07:25:17 PM »
Suggestion for Quack's schedule:

Swap the first and last races. If the Daytona 500 is truly the "Super Bowl of NASCAR", crown your champ there.

*runs for cover*

LOL @ me. I didn't realize this was a 2-page thread. Good call on that one, Dr. Quackenstein.
- Scott Spain